It’s a week and half away from Valentine’s day and everywhere you turn there is red…now, you can relax because Valentine’s day is not a day that I despise, I actually think it’s really sweet to express love to the special people in your life.
Now, I don’t believe it should be limited to just spouses or significant others – why not show love to your parents, children, friends…hey, show love to everyone…the world definitely needs it!
While you are on a loving streak, why not show your career some love?
So how do you really feel about your career?
- Is it a new relationship like dating?
- Has it been a few years like a strong marriage?
- Has your interest become thin and worn like a separation?
- Have you thrown in the towel and ready for a change like a divorce?
Okay, those analogies were a bit dramatic even for me (smile), but you get my point. There are several reasons and circumstances that impact how we feel about our careers, here is a list of old blog posts that addressed some key challenges in career success. Which one of these apply to you?
1) I am dating my career
2) I am married to my career
3) I have separated (emotionally) from my career
4) I am ready to divorce my career
Which stage of the relationship are you in with your career? What are you willing to do to change it?