Networking is one of the best habits you can have for long-term career success and overall career insurance.
If you are like me and don’t always enjoy the art of networking unless it a safe, social event, here are 10 reasons why you should get happy about every chance to network.
- Identify and uncover unadvertised jobs and finally conquer the “hidden” job market
- Get insider information and obtain names of company contacts
- Learn more about top executive recruiters and search firms in your industry/field
- Come up close and personal and have face-to-face conversations with potential employers
- Maximize your brand visibility and boost your professional reputation
- Increase your knowledge of employers who hired candidates with your background
- Stay abreast of industry changes and emerging trends that can impact your career
- Explore similar positions and careers to see if a new career is in the cards for you
- Ensure that your market salary range and compensation are competitive and within industry standards
- Meet other power networkers who may serve as referrals or valuable contacts in the future
(Photo credit: sheelamohan)